Steps to Understanding Your Child's Behavior (Behavior 1B)
Steps to Understanding Your Child’s Behavior is a 10-workshop series. It is an adaptation of Pathways to Competence for Young Children: A Parenting Program.
The workshop series topics include:
- Temperament and child development
- Body control and positive body image
- Secure attachment
- Play and imagination
- Language and communication
- Positive self-esteem
- Self-regulation, morality, and a sense of conscience
- Emotional regulation
- Concentration, planning, and problem solving
- Social competence, empathy, and caring behavior
Parents/caregivers complete the Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ3 and ASQ:SE-2) as well as the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA) and receive incentives for attending workshops.